>> This is the only Udemy course that is referenced from the official Kotlin website as well as the official Android developers website for people who want to learn Kotlin, whether for Android or other purposes!
>> Learn programming in Kotlin, the most beautiful modern programming language based on Java!
>> Join this beginner-friendly course to learn to write code with an awesome and easy-to-learn language!
>> Expand your expertise as a Java or Android Developer and improve the quality of your code!
>> I’ll answer every question you have, help you personally if you get stuck and listen to your feedback! Join 15,000+ happy students of mine on Udemy!
This course will teach you programming in Kotlin! We begin with the basics so this course is completely suitable for beginners. You will put what you learn into practice in several coding challenges. So at the end, you’ll be able to create your own applications in Kotlin.
If you’re an Android developer, you can use this course to get up to speed with this awesome language. Kotlin will allow you to maintain a cleaner and more expressive code base, use concepts that go beyond even Java 8, and write more robust apps for Android.
Topics covered include:
- Variables & nullable types (null safety)
- Conditionals: if and when
- Loops: for and while
- Object orientation: classes, objects, interfaces, inheritance etc.
- Data classes (a handy feature in Kotlin)
- UPDATE 03/2017: more object-orientation + binary and hexadecimal numbers
- UPDATE 04/2017: the information hiding principle + generics
- …this course keeps growing based on your feedback!
This course also covers object-orientation, the major development paradigm you need to grasp in today’s world. But we will also look at functional programming concepts that will make your life much easier.
Once you understand these, you will also be able to understand other object-oriented languages, including Java, PHP, C++, C#, Scala, or Swift. They all use this same basic paradigms.
Throughout the course, you can always contact me personally to get help when you’re stuck. I check the discussions regularly to help you at every step along the way.
Also, this course will be extended and refined in the future based on student feedback. I really appreciate each and every of my students so I listen to your feedback and act on it.
So get in now to help shape this course and become part of the community inside!
- You do not need programming skills, we will start from scratch and slowly make our way to intermediate and more advanced topics
- You should be excited to learn an awesome new programming language!
- You will need basic skills in handling a PC, so you should know how to install and run applications on your computer.
- Android developers who want to get started with Kotlin
☞ Kotlin for Android Development : Develop an App with Kotlin
☞ The Total Kotlin Course : Learn Kotlin Today
☞ Kotlin Fundamentals
☞ Introduction to Kotlin
☞ Kotlin for Java Developers
☞ Kotlin Android Development Masterclass