Immerse yourself in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with this hands-on, project-based course - and truly internalize some highly valuable skills in the world of technology. We’ll walk you through building your own chat website using nothing but AWS services - and no standalone services or server instances at all!
Building a “serverless app” using AWS and its Lambda service is a great introduction to the core services AWS offers. As you create your chat application, you’ll learn and use the following AWS services:
- S3 (Simple Storage Service) - For storing static HTML and vending it to your users’ browsers
- Lambda - For executing logic in the cloud for storing and retrieving data in your application
- IAM (Identity and Access Management) - For securing access to your services
- API Gateway - For presenting a well-modeled API to your clients and automatically generating client-side code to communicate with it
- DynamoDB - For quickly storing and retrieving data at scale
- Cognito - For managing users, account creation, and logins securely
- CloudFront - For accelerating the delivery of your site to end users with a CDN
Even if you’re familiar with AWS, you’ll learn valuable techniques on how to build a fully functional, dynamic website without maintaining any servers at all - not even via EC2!
Your highly experienced guides through this project are Frank Kane, formerly a senior manager at Amazon, and Brian Tajuddin, a principal engineer also formerly working at Amazon. _You’ll be learning AWS from people who were there when it was being created. _You’ll join over 140,000 other students of the Sundog Education team who have leveled up their careers with hot technical skills.
As an added bonus, you’ll be offered membership in a closed Facebook Group for students of this course, where you can continue to collaborate with each other even after you’ve finished it.
Although this course isn’t targeting any specific AWS certification exam, you’ll leave it with a great foundation of AWS knowledge that will begin to prepare you for them.
- Technologists curious about Amazon Web Services and how to build web applications entirely in the cloud
- People seeking basic AWS skills as a start in working toward certifications
- People who learn best by doing, with a concrete example.
- Engineers tasked with building a web app who want to minimize ongoing maintenance
☞ AWS Lambda & Serverless Architecture Bootcamp (Build 5 Apps)
☞ AWS Lambda and the Serverless Framework - Hands On Learning!
☞ Serverless React with AWS Amplify - The Complete Guide
☞ AWS Lambda - Serverless Microservices on AWS with Node.js
☞ Build Serverless APIs with Serverless Framework and NodeJs
☞ AWS Serverless APIs & Apps - A Complete Introduction