Create your First Computer Game with Stencyl
With no previous programming or game design experience, build your own amazing 2D games in just a matter of hours!
Note: This course is officially endorsed by Stencyl.
No prior experience is required to take this course. Learning from the ground up, you will acquire all the skills necessary to Design and Create your very own computer games, which can then be shared with your friends, or even published to commercial markets such as flash portals, the App Store & Google play. Using the unique logic block system of Stencyl thought in this Stencyl Course, you will be able to create a game of any genre, quickly and effectively. Please follow through the lectures sequentially, and always maximize the videos to get the most out of them. Among many other things, by the end of the course you will have learned how to:
- Create a top-down perspective for your game
- Move characters with the keyboard
- Easily rotate actors to look at the mouse cursor
- Spawn and destroy actors in real-time, at will
- Write simple and advanced AI for non-player characters
- Design levels using tile-sets and actors
- Create health bars
- Implement game rules to determine between success or failure
For the most effective learning experience, it is essential that you pay close attention to each lecture in order, and then complete the task yourself. If you struggle, watch the video again until you get the full sense of the lesson. Get excited, this is a learning experience you’ll never forget. Prepare to start making your own games with Stencyl.
892 students enrolled
11022 students enrolled
11941194 students enrolled