Apache Hive is one of the most popular and useful technology in Data Science and Data engineering world. Big companies like Amazon, Netflix, Google etc use Apache Hive. This course is designed to help you achieve your goals in Data Science field. Data Engineer and Software Engineers with Apache Hive knowledge may get more salary than others with similar qualifications without Apache Hive knowledge.
In this course, you will learn how to handle interview questions on Apache Hive in Software Development. I will explain you the important concepts of Apache Hive.
You will also learn the benefits and use cases of Apache Hive in this course.
What is the biggest benefit of this course to me?
Finally, the biggest benefit of this course is that you will be able to demand higher salary in your next job interview.
It is good to learn Apache Hive for theoretical benefits. But if you do not know how to handle interview questions on Apache Hive, you can not convert your Apache Hive knowledge into higher salary.
What are the topics covered in this course?
We cover a wide range of topics in this course. We have questions on Apache Hive, Hive architecture, Hive deep concepts, Hive tricky questions etc.
How will this course help me?
By attending this course, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for Apache Hive interview questions. We have already compiled the list of most popular and latest Apache Hive Interview questions.
Are there answers in this course?
Yes, in this course each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.
What is the best way of viewing this course?
You have to just watch the course from beginning to end. Once you go through all the videos, try to answer the questions in your own words. Also mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this course 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview in Apache Hive field.
What is the level of questions in this course?
This course contains questions that are good for a Fresher to an Architect level. The difficulty level of question varies in the course from a Fresher to an Experienced professional.
What happens if Apache Hive concepts change in future?
From time to time, we keep adding more questions to this course. Our aim is to keep you always updated with the latest interview questions on Apache Hive.
What are the sample questions covered in this course?
Sample questions covered in this course are as follows:
- How will you improve the performance of a program in Hive?
- Can we use Hive for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) systems?
- How will you change the data type of a column in Hive?
- What is Metastore in Hive?
- What is SerDe in Hive?
- What are the components in Hive data model?
- What are the different modes in which we can run Hive?
- What are the main components of Hive?
- What is the use of Hive in Hadoop eco-system?
- What Collection/Complex data types are supported by Hive?
- What is the use of .hiverc file in Hive?
- How will you run Unix commands from Hive?
- What is the purpose of USE command in Hive?
- What is the precedence order in Hive configuration?
- How will you display header row with the results of a Hive query?
- Can we create multiple tables in Hive for a data file?
- How does CONCAT function work in Hive?
- How will you change settings of a Hive session?
- How will you rename a table in Hive without using ALTER command?
- What is the difference between SORT BY and ORDER BY in Hive?
- What is the use of strict mode in Hive?
- What is the use of IF EXISTS clause in Hive statements?
- What is the use of PURGE in DROP statement of Hive?
- What are the main limitations of Apache Hive?
- What is the difference between HBase and Hive?
- What is ObjectInspector in Hive?
- What are the main components of Query Processor in Apache Hive?
- How will you resolve an out of memory error while running a JOIN query?
- What are the different SerDe implementations in Hive?
- What is the use of HCatalog?
- What is the Data Model of HCatalog?
- What is RLIKE operator in Hive?
- Can we use same name for a TABLE and VIEW in Hive?
- How will you load data into a VIEW in Hive?
- What is Bucketing in Hive?
- What are the pros and cons of archiving a partition in Hive?
- What are the table generating functions in Hive?
- How can we specify in Hive to load an HDFS file in LOAD DATA?
- What is a Skewed table in Hive?
- What is the use of CLUSTERED BY clause during table creation in Hive?
- What is a Managed table in Hive?
- How will you prevent data to be dropped or queried from a partition in Hive?
- What is the use of TOUCH in ALTER statement?
- How does OVERWRITE clause work in CREATE TABLE statement in Hive?
- What are the options to connect an application to a Hive server?
- How TRIM and RPAD functions work in Hive?
- How will you recursively access sub-directories in Hive?
- What is the optimization that can be done in SELECT * query in Hive?
- What is the use of ORC format tables in Hive?
- What are the main use cases for using Hive?
- What is STREAMTABLE in Hive?
- Absolute Hive beginners
- Anyone who wants to appear in Data Engineer interview
- Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer, Member Technical Staff, Expert
- Software Architect, Development Manager, Director
- Anyone who wants to learn Hive