Learn Kotlin, a modern language for the JVM (now officially supported on Android!)
This is a course on the Kotlin programming language. This course is designed for people already familiar with Java who are looking for a more modern, expressive and powerful language for the JVM.
In this course, you will learn about:
- How to install and run Kotlin and why toolability matters
- Type inference and how it can save you a lot of time
- Smart control flow structures that let you write more succinctly
- Mutability options (val and var), what they mean and how to use them
- Nullability guarantees and how they make your code more safe
- The power of functional literals (nested functions and lambdas)
- Powerful built-in delegation functionality
- How to leverage Kotlin’s collection operations to process data sets efficiently
… and a lot more!
This course is completely live-demo based. All the lectures are examples of real code being edited and executed using the IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition IDE.
Update: Google has just announced official support for Kotlin on Android. Congratulations to the Kotlin team!
Who is the target audience?
- Android developers wishing to learn the latest Google-approved language
- Java developers looking for a better programming language
- Developers looking for interesting language design ideas
☞ Kotlin for Beginners: Learn Programming With Kotlin
☞ Kotlin for Android Development : Develop an App with Kotlin
☞ The Total Kotlin Course : Learn Kotlin Today
☞ Kotlin Fundamentals
☞ Kotlin for Java Developers
☞ Kotlin Android Development Masterclass